Your summer vacations in Savoie
What to do in Savoie during the summer?
- Roselend Dam : it is situated on the territory of Beaufort-sur-Doron, in the Beaufortain mountains in Savoy, between Col du Pré and Cormet de Roselend. This beautiful lake surrounded by mountains give you a breathtaking view. Accessible by car, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a multitude of walks for all levels.
- Tignes : the dam Chevril, is a French hydroelectric dam, located in the upper valley of the Isere and the Tarentaise Valley. Beautiful lake surrounded by mountains, the dam is located on the course of the Isere, below the winter sports resort of Tignes. Val d’Isère is a small mountain village in the Vanoise massif in Haute-Tarentaise, isolated during periods of snow during its past. Because the development of skiing in the 1930s, it became one of the world skiing capitals.
- Arcs 1950 : the village of Arc 1950 offers a sight to take your breath away, facing Mont Blanc. A unique experience share with family or friends …
- Lake Aiguebelette : is a natural lake located in the Savoie department. The main lake of Savoy in the southern end of the Jura mountains, it’s located about 10 kilometers from Chambéry and 100 km from Lyon. It has an area of 545 hectares and is, as such, the seventh largest natural lake in France. Bordered on the east by the chain of Thorn, which culminates with Mount Epine to 1 425 meters and to the west by Mount Tournier, its maximum depth is 71 meters. It is often characterized by its green and light blue colors while Annecy Lake is dark blue and Bourget Lake mostly steely grey.
- Lake Annecy : sometimes also called “Blue Lake” is a lake of France in the Alps in the Haute-Savoie. It is the second largest lake in France after Le Bouget lake. It is bordered to the east by the Bornes mountains to the west by the Bauges mountains, the north by the cities of Annecy and the south by the valley towards Faverges extending the Bout-du-Lac.
The lake has a circular bike path of about forty kilometers.
This is a very attractive tourist destination, known for its water sports, paraglanding, and quality of environment affording wildlife observation.
- Medieval city of Conflans : old fortified city, protecting the entrance to the Tarentaise, capital of the defunct province of Haute-Savoie, in the town of Albertville, which is an urban area in the department of Savoie . There is a splendid view of Albertville.
- Lake Bourget : sometimes locally called Lake of Aix and occasionally Grey Lake, it’s a lake located west of the Savoie department in the Rhône-Alpes region. An area of 4450 hectares, the lake stretches in length in a north-south axis of 18 kilometers and a width of between 1.6 and 3.5 kilometers. Lake Bourget is considered the largest natural lake of glacial origin in France.
With an average altitude of 240 meters, it is bordered: to the west by the southern Jura, with Dent du Chat being the highest peak,, which rises to 1390 meters; and on the east by the Bauges, including Mont Revard (1538 meters) and Cessens , Chambotte, Corsuet mountains and Tresserve hills.
You can visit the spa town of Aix-les-Bains, which borders on its eastern shore, and farther south by the city of Chambery.
Vacances Savoie in summer: outdoor activities
- Forest acrobatic courses
- Riding : from initiation on ponies, to horseback riding and horse-drawn carriage rides.
- Donkeys for hire which will delight the youngest ; you will be able in particular to hike to the Lac de la Plagne with the children.
- Giant Tyrolean traverse : it is a succession of 16 workshops located in the valley of the bear linking Belle Plagne to Plagne Bellecôte. The 5 largest zip lines are located between 25 and 45 meters from the ground and there are 5 that are between 110 and 200 meters long. You will fly over a mountain torrent like this.
- Paint ball
- Mountain biking in the resort (Les Arcs – La Plagne – Tignes – Val d’Isère) : the ski lifts operate in July and August and allow you to make multiple descents and trails whatever your level.
- The Leisure Base H2O located in front of the camping in the Alps offers you all the joys of white water sports, accompanied by qualified instructors: rafting, hydrospeed, canyoning.
- The via ferrata des Glières and many climbing spots nearby will delight our climbing friends.
- Hiking : many hikes for all levels are possible around the campsite which is bordered by the GR5. Lakes, passes and summits are accessible with superb views of Mont Blanc!
- Rides in quad or 4×4 to the discovery of splendid landscapes
If you wish to swim in the middle of nature near the campsite, the Gothard leisure center is located 4 km from the campsite: accessible either by car or by the cycle track. You will also have the possibility to refresh yourself and eat on the spot. A multitude of activities are also organized there: sports fields, bubbles on the water, etc.