Hiking guide in Savoie in the Alps
A wide choice of hikes in Savoie
If you like hiking, you will find our site is the ideal base camp whatever your level!
Our campsite in Savoy is located between the Beaufortain mountains and Vanoise National Park which offers so many hikes for all levels wether amateur or ptofessional.
In addition, you can discover the wonderful Alpine landscapes and observe the alpine fauna: ibex, chamois, marmots, bearded vulture, eagle.
We are also located right on the GR5: hiking trail that goes from Bergenopzoom (Netherlands) into Nice (France).
The 6000D (trail race) takes place every year on the La Plagne and the departure station is located in Aime (6 km from the campsite). Remember to book because this competition takes place always late July in high season.
Different levels hikes examples : Vernettes chapel, La Plagne Lake, the 5 lakes promenade .
Opt for a family vacation in Savoie
The walking paths that you can borrow are numerous from the campsite at the montagne de la Savoie. There are circuits adapted to all levels.
You will find easy circuits for families with young children and slightly more difficult circuits for amateurs and pros. Your stay is an opportunity to test your limits.
Whichever route you choose, you can treat yourself to a real breath of fresh air, admire the sumptuous alpine scenery and live great adventures during your camping vacations in the mountains.
Top 10 of the best hikes in Savoie
- Lac des Fées : A very nice walk suitable for children with green landscapes, streams and a lake with crystal clear waters at the finish. Departure: Beaufort, Length: 8,90 km, Duration: 5h00, Difficulty: Easy, Difference in altitude: 730 m, Loop circuit: yes.
- Croix du Nivolet from la Féclaz : A beautiful itinerary, a great classic to the cross overlooking Chambéry. Departure: La Féclaz, Length: 9.95 km, Duration: 3h30, Difficulty: Easy, Difference in altitude: 290 m, Loop circuit: yes.
- Cinq lacs de Forclaz : This beautiful walk without any particular difficulty in the Beaufortain passes by 5 lakes, 5 good reasons to stop and oxygenate while admiring the landscape. Departure: Bourg-Saint-Maurice, Length: 11 km, Duration: 4h55, Difficulty: Easy, Difference in altitude: 740 m, Loop circuit: yes.
- Rocher du Vent : A vertiginous walk not recommended for claustrophobic people, passing through a tunnel and a remarkable balcony, with very beautiful views of the lake and the Roselend dam. Start: Beaufort, Length: 8.5 km, Duration: 3h50, Difficulty: Medium, Difference in altitude: 590 m, Loop circuit: yes.
- Col de la Vanoise : One of the most popular hikes in the national park that goes around the Aiguille de la Vanoise. Start: Pralognan-la-Vanoise, Length: 11.8 km, Duration: 5h25, Difficulty: Medium, Difference in altitude: 870 m, Loop circuit: yes.
- Loop of the 4 refuges of Aussois : This hike allows to discover the 4 refuges of the south of the Vanoise park, before considering itineraries of several days. Departure: Aussois, Length: 11 km, Duration: 4h30, Difficulty: Medium, Difference in altitude: 580 m, Loop circuit: yes.
- Crêtes du Gorgeat : The Granier cliff and the Aiguebelette lake are the 2 main places of interest of this hike. Departure: Apremont, Length: 12.3 km, Duration: 5h40, Difficulty: Medium, Difference in altitude: 880 m, Loop circuit: yes.
- Mont Grelle : Steel calves essential to achieve this superb course to the top of Mount Grelle. Start: Aiguebelette-le-Lac, Length: 16 km, Duration: 8h00, Difficulty: Difficult, Difference in height: 1 420 m, Loop circuit: yes.
- Refuge des Evettes : This circuit as spectacular as it is challenging will take you to the foot of the Evettes glacier. Departure: Bonneval-sur-Arc, Length: 12.75 km, Duration: 5h10, Difficulty: Difficult, Difference in altitude: 650 m, Loop circuit: yes.
- Dent du Chat and Molard Noir : A great challenge for the most sporty with nearly 1,000 m of vertical drop and a great reward: a panoramic view of the Lac du Bourget and the Savoyard summits. Start: Bourget-du-Lac, Length: 13 km, Duration: 6h05, Difficulty: Difficult, Difference in height: 985 m, Loop circuit: yes.